- The photographs should be taken in color with a matte/dull finish, against a plain off-white or cream background. Applicants with grey/white hair should have their photo taken against a pale blue or pastel background.
- Applicants should avoid wearing white clothing.
- Applicants should have a neutral facial expression; no teeth should be visible.
- Eyeglasses should not be worn.
- There should be no background shadows. Excessive light reflection on image is unacceptable. Light distribution should be even throughout photograph.
- Photographs should provide a full frontal view of the head, neck and top of the shoulders with ears clearly visible. Photographs should display appropriately clad images; exposed shoulders and chest are to be avoided.
- The applicant should wear no head covering while taking the photograph. However, applicants who must wear head gear for religious reasons must indicate their religion at Section H.
- The size of the face should be 25mm to 35mm, from the chin to top of head.
- When the photograph is cut to a size of about 35mm, there should be enough space in the photo for a margin of 3mm to 4mm between the head and the edge of the photograph. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT CUT PHOTOGRAPH TO THESE MARGINS. PHOTO SHOULD REMAIN STANDARD PASSPORT SIZE.
- Photos should not be stapled to the application form.
- Photographs submitted with an application become the property of the Government of Jamaica.
The application and one (1) photograph must be certified by one of the following persons:
- Notary Public with valid commission
- Jamaican Consular Officer
- Jamaican Honorary Consul
- Minister of Religion authorized to perform marriages
- Medical Doctor
The official who certifies the application is also required to certify the reverse side of one photograph of the applicant, with the following inscription above his/her signature:
“I certify that this is a true photograph of …………….”
(Insert applicant’s name)
- No Stamp or Embossed Seal should be affixed to photographs
- EPS 23 Minute Photo, 4136 Crenshaw Blvd., (323) 292-7633, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily
- Classic Quik Digital Photo Lab, 3325 S. Hoover St. (Near Jefferson – USC area), (213) 744-1112, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F; 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sat.